Lucy Lu, Founder & Managing Partner
Lucy Lu is the Founder and Global Managing Partner of Lucy Lu & Associates and leads the firm’s general practice, expansion and executive management.
Ms. Lu’s practice encompasses all aspects of business immigration, corporate, transactions, federal investigation, franchise, and China practice. Under Ms. Lu’s visionary leadership, the firm has expanded its practices to best suit our clients’ growth. Ms. Lu built up a highly efficient and competent legal and support team with the goal of helping our clients to succeed, providing necessary resources, and growing with our clients through a long-term healthy relationship with mutual benefits.
Ms. Lu founded the firm in 2009 with the idea of providing our clients of a more comprehensive, personal and scalable practice. Since that time, she has become recognized as a business leader in the practice. The firm offers a one-stop solution for international talents and international businesses to receive quality services in multi-practice under one roof, saving our clients’ time and money. Under the leadership of Ms. Lu, the firm’s professionals have met the challenges of modern legal practice by combing quality services with innovative business solutions.
Ms. Lu has followed her entrepreneurial vision of creating a legal practice model that actually provide quality legal services to clients while maintaining affordable service fee range. As a successful business woman herself, she offers the firm’s clients not only excellent legal services but also the visions and resources to help our clients to succeed.
Ms. Lu is a first generation immigrant from mainland China. She was born in a poor rural village in Jiangxi Province, China. She graduated from the Law School of Tsinghua University in Beijing China before she came to the United States. She further graduated from Chicago-Kent College of Law with a LL.M degree in 2004 and completed an executive program in Law Firm Leadership from Harvard Law School in 2017. From an average girl, to an experienced lawyer, and then to a successful business woman, Ms. Lu’s story is truly about fulfilling the American Dream through constant hard work while maintaining high integrity. It came as a nature that the firm serves the clientele of international talents and international companies with a global vision.
Ms. Lu has expertise in the followings:
- Counsel large international companies in their in-bound and out-bound corporate immigration matters;
- Counsel international talents in full immigration services from business solutions, family solutions, removal defenses and federal litigation;
- Counsel corporate structures and governance for franchise with multi-state or multinational practices;
- Counsel non-profit organizations in multi-state operations;
- Counsel startups in corporate structure, incentive plans, financing, valuation, technology, growth and exit strategies;
- Counsel international business transactions in sales of goods;
- Counsel the U.S. businesses in federal investigation, such as Department of Labor, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement;
- Counsel foreign companies, in varies industries including manufacturing, high tech, trading, entertainment, to real estate, entering the U.S. market;
- Counsel the U.S. companies, in varies industries including real estate, education, architecture, high tech, to entertainment, entering the China market.
- New York City
- Silicon Valley
- Tel: +1.800.928.4615 Ext. 102
- Direct: +1.404.596.8773
- Fax: +1.404.920.8598
- Email: email@example.com
- Federal Litigation
- China Practice
- Member of Tennessee Bar
- Member of the American Immigration Lawyer Association
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit
- U.S. District Court of Texas Western District, pro hac vice
- U.S. District Court of District of Columbia, pro hac vice
- Executive Office for Immigration Review
- Harvard Law School Executive Program – Law Firm Leadership
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, LL.M
- Tsinghua University School of Law, LL.B
- East China University of Technology, B.S. in Computer Science